11.19.2013

25 Elf on the Shelf Ideas


Before I get to the Elf on the Shelf ideas, I feel obligated, for whatever reason, to put 'this' out there...

It seems some folks (at least the circles I find myself in) get all up in arms about Elf on the Shelf and Santa. Did you know the letters in Santa can be rearranged to spell Satan? Gasp! It's not enough to say, "To each his own." Like everyone else, we have an opinion, too. I've shared our "position" on Santa and the elf HERE. Everyone feels the need to explain themselves--myself included. You're judged if you do [Santa] and you're judged if you don't.  It's silly.  Everyone just needs to CHILL!

This concludes the end of my little rant--for now.  

25 Elf on the Shelf Ideas 

1:  dry-erase mustaches on kids' photos

2: sunbathing with Barbie

3: snow angel in flour

4: a friendly game of Candyland with the cast of Toy Story

5:  drawings for the kids

6: preparing breakfast

7: photocopying fun

8: snowball fight with Barnie

9: birthday decorating

10: gumdrop messages

11. paper chain Christmas countdown

12:  bringing the "ugliest" ornament to the front of the tree

13: snowflakes with Q-tips

14: hiding in the stuffed animals

15: replacing the stockings with socks

16: making a marshmallow snowman

17: shaving

18: cuddling up with a good book

19: turning the milk a nice shade of holiday green
 
20: getting all "dolled" up
 
21: wrapping up some unfinished projects

22:  feeding the "dogs"
 
23:  giving the gift of a new ornament
 
24: fishing for Goldfish crackers
 
25: marshmallow message

**********

We plan on breaking out "Bernard" at the first of December.  I'm sure we will use some of the same ideas, but hopefully we can get creative and come up with some new ones.  I'm sure to post them so stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. I loved your Elf posts last year. What is wrong with a good solid Christian family believing in God and still having a little fun in life with a "toy"???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about breaking him out again in a few weeks!

      Delete
  2. I love this post. And I know the girls have such fun seeing what he gets into. Love, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute game! I think my sister in law does this for her grandson who lives next door. I'm sending her the link!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie