3.19.2009

No fun...no fun at all!

This morning I headed to school like any other day, but I could tell that something wasn't quite right soon after arriving.

Today is a big day at school...parent-teacher conferences from 3:15-9:15. I had a lot of things to do and the last thing I could worry about was pain! I tried to down some water, but I could tell real quick that it was not going to help my problem. You see, I have a mean history with these little guys! I knew that I was having the pain that only a kidney stone could provoke. I had to leave school and drive to the ER. There was nothing else that could help me at this point, but some pain meds.
Graham met me at the ER and in the midst of all of my pain, I noticed that I was the only one in the packed room that even looked miserable. What's up with that? Finally, I was put in a room pretty quickly and I some how talked them out of a catheter, which was a good thing. Why subject myself to even more pain! I did get some pain meds that made me extremely nauseous. They also made me a little loopy. Ahem...when the nurse asked me my husband's name, I said "Graham." Then, I proceeded to point to Graham and say, "This guy is just my lover." UGH, what in the world?  I think I totally embarrassed Graham. I received a CT scan and was told that I have a rather large kidney stone to pass. I was sent home and I am currently drinking lots of fluids and I am doped up on pain meds! You'd think I would be a pro at this since this is my 4th or 5th bought with these things in 10 years. Somethings gotta give!

4 comments:

  1. Awww Lester that sucks!! I hope you get to feeling better! That is pretty funny about the nurse and Graham...i bet he about died when you said that!! I love you tonz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I hope you are feeling better! I have only had one, and one was plenty for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to get out of parent-teacher conferences! I wonder if it would work with staff development? I've got one of those coming up the Friday before Easter. But kidney stones won't work for me. Maybe a migraine? At least you got to spend some time on that new mattress. I've been on a wild spring cleaning spree this week, and as a result, it's Friday, I have things pulled out everywhere, I haven't done my work for school next week, and it looks like I'm going to be returning to school tired instead of rested.

    Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Leslie! Those things just won't leave you alone! I remember your first one when we were 18...I thought you might be dying! Well, tell your "lover" to take care of you! Love you

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie