3.17.2009

Ready for S-L-E-E-P!

We finally bought a new mattress. Last night was the straw that broke MY back--forget the camel! I was up throughout the night tossing and turning and Graham and I just couldn't make it another sleepless night. We headed into the mattress place and I was ready to be testy(wheel 'em and deal 'em), but the sales guy just left us alone and let us try them out. He answered all of our questions and was very helpful, but he also gave us our space. It was a very tough decision, but we went with the Comfort Select. It is very similar to the TempurPedic Mattress, but it's about 1500 dollars less. It is amazing!!!! It's a memory foam bed, but it also has a pillow top. It also has a twenty year warranty and a promise of NO "King's Crown." Apparently, the "King's Crown" is that big hump in the center of  king-sized beds due to the breaking-down on the sides. I negotiated until I was blue in the face and I did get 200 dollars off the SALE price, but I still paid more than I would have ever thought I would for a mattress. I am hoping that "you can't put a price on a good nights sleep."

I took some pics of the bed in the before, during, and after stages. Can you believe that the bed came in a box!?! It's a bed in a box!  It is the coolest thing. Once out of the box and packaging, it just grows and grows. The mattress is a foot thick! Now my only problem is that my bedspread doesn't cover both sides completely.

Thanks to our friends Jonathan and Rachael for helping. Jonathan has a trailer and he brought us our new mattress and took our old mattress to the store for them to toss. We really appreciate all of your help!


still growing...



3 comments:

  1. Okay, how funny! We are in the process of shopping for a mattress also, actually we found one we like but its super expensive so were saving at the moment. We have the EXACT same bedding as you. I actually just found a new bedding set that i want on overstock since we are moving from a full size (ugh.) to a king size bed. I just thought it was funny we have the same bedspread! Hope you get a good nights sleep! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pillow top on top on memory foam--that would take care of the concern about it being too hot. It sounds great. I hope you sleep great on it. A lot of stores down here will allow a 30 to 60 day trial period. If at the end of that time, you don't like the mattress, the store will take it back. Don't know how often people actually return them though.

    Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great time with you guys. We are glad we could help and thanks for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie