7.23.2015

Riding Bikes!

Y'ALL.  I have been knee-deep in Classical Conversations.  WHEW!  It's been so much, so fast.  I am enjoying it, but I am still getting drenched by this fire hydrant of new info, new responsibilities, new schedule, new, new, new!  I was promised that my late summer would be chock-full of responsibilities, but I thought...Meh, I got this!  I think my head is still above water, but I am definitely treading water and treading fast!

Since I've been busier than ever for this time of year, I forgot to share the big news...

THE BIG GIRLS ARE BIKE RIDERS!!!!

Backstory:  We live in the country and have a gravel driveway.  I just knew that my girls would never learn to ride a bike.  That's until the grandparents saved the day!!! My dad and mom had the girls for a week in May and they not only gave the girls new bikes, but Dad taught them how to ride!!!!!!  I'm just SO happy.  SO, so happy!  


Biker gang!

The girls can ride bikes with their friends.  At last, they can enjoy a full and wonderful childhood. *where's that sarcasm font when you need it?*

BELOW: Videos of the girls learning to ride.  *Keep in mind that they are now riding like pros!

 
IMG 1092 from Leslie Hale on Vimeo.
IMG 1127 from Leslie Hale on Vimeo.
***I guess I should add that they do have helmets and they do wear them.  That's just what happens when the grandparents teach the kids to ride bikes.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I'm sure they are having a blast riding their new bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you the other day when I was starting to get a plan together for the new school year. I hope it is all still going well.

    Congrats to your girls! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie