7.28.2015

First Day of School!

As homeschoolers, I guess today is as good a day as any to deem it "the first day of school."  I say that because we pretty much school all year round...with some extended breaks, of course!  

On Saturday, the girls finally got home from their grandparents' which marked the end of our summer vacations.  We have a lot of things coming up in August with the start of Classical Conversations and soccer and music lessons, so I thought it best to get a good jumpstart on school.

Here are our first day pics...

3rd GRADE!!!!

Cursive handwriting, multiplication, piano lessons, oh my!  I have great memories of my third grade year.  Hopefully, AG will enjoy it, too.

To be accurate, Edy is about half-way through her Kindergarten year. I started in January with reading, math, handwriting, and CC.  Yesterday, she began Saxon 1st grade math and she's truckin'  right along as a reader.  

I cannot believe I have an almost eight year old!  Ava Grace is a beautiful, caring, and smart little girl.  She loves Jesus and it shows!  I am so thankful for the work the Holy Spirit is doing in her life and I pray she continues to let His light shine before others!  

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16


this. girl.  

Edy is such a loving, funny, spunky, free-spirited, and adorable little girl.  It's truly awesome that I get to call her my daughter!  To hear her pray is to be blessed by what the Lord is working out in her.  
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Phillipians 1:6 


To have the privilege of training my children at home each and every day is a gift.  I don't want to paint a picture of rainbows and unicorns...things can be T-O-U-G-H, but by God's grace we will persevere!

I'll end with little comparison...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie