3.17.2015

Home Tour: AG & Edy's New Bedroom

Since we got new floors, I thought I'd update my home tour tab!

For starters, we moved Ava Grace and Edy Rose into Joy's room and moved Joy into their room. Just a little switch-a-roo! Why the change?  Eventually, we are thinking of putting all three in the same room (not to have more children!) and we don't want to move the bunk bed more than necessary.  

Click HERE to see their old room. 

With the switch, I made a few very inexpensive changes...

I've just loved Joy's pink walls, so I left them the same.  

I changed out the fabric on the NO CARPENTRY CORNICE BOARDS.  *still the most viewed post on this blog  

I used Joy's shelf (big girls' ladder shelf stayed in their old room) and left it yellow.  Eventually, I thought I might give it a wash with some stain to mute the yellow a tad.

The only bad thing about leaving the walls pink is that there is a lot of pink!!!  "...it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol." *name that movie! 

You may remember that this armoire was a creamsicle color.  I painted it cream and distressed it.  I love how some of the orange peeps through.  

Joy's rocking chair fits nicely in the corner and I added a little antique table (it was Pops' table) to hold their Bibles.


I distressed their name-letters for a more shabby look.  It feels more cohesive with their dresser and bed.

These letters were originally spray-painted hot pink.  I sanded them, rubbed them with stain, and then sprayed a little white paint on them.

I love how their little picture grouping turned out!




One of the hardest things to do was finding room in their closet.  Their old closet was much larger.  After lots of adjusting, I think I've finally found a way that works.

I'll be back soon to share Joy's new room!  I really, really like how her's turned out.

INFO
wall color: Valspar Baby Blush
armoire color: Valspar Barcelona White and bottom coat Valspar Peach Frenzy
bedding: Pottery Barn
rug: Walmart
cornice board fabric: Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts
flooring:  Lowe's - Pergo MAX Manor Hickory Handscraped
 
TO DO
hang shelf in closet
distress bookshelf

WISH
Since I just got new floors, I feel kinda silly wishing for more.  I'm pretty content with their cute new room!
*maybe something shabby above their bookshelf ;)
*maybe one more flower above the bed (odd groupings are better than even, right?)

Our Joy His Glory Home Tour | Index

4 comments:

  1. You have a very good flair for decorating for sure! Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I wish I had your decorating and crafting skills! :) Love the new hardwood floors as well!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie