2.16.2015

Psalm 119: 105

Here is a verse for y'all to meditate on and memorize (you probably already know it, but pray it throughout the week.)  

Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.  Psalm 119:105   

Here’s a simple way to pray that scripture: 

“Lord, may I desire You!  Would you give me opportunities to study your word for the purpose of growing in you?  I know that your word sharpens me, instructs me, guides me, rebukes me.  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Thank you, Father, for your perfect truths. Amen.” 

Here are my thoughts along with commentary on that little verse:  

The word of God: the image of light is that of God’s guidance; it makes the right path clear for those who pursue covenant faithfulness.  The path of the righteous is the way of wisdom!  

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter and brighter until full day. Proverbs 4:18  

Continue to grow in godliness!!!!!!!  Let your light shine before your friends, family, coworkers!

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16  

Persevere!  

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I't so easy to lose sight of our true purpose in the day to day of life, but I definitely want my purpose to be seeking Him and letting His word guide me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to start my Monday. Thank you for that Leslie. I love the "simple way to pray the Scripture." That helps me apply it to life.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie