5.14.2014

Simple Dessert: Dump Cake

I don't share recipes too often because I don't consider myself worthy of cooking posts; however, this recipe is a must-have in your file.  I've been making it for years and it never gets old.  When I say people go crazy over it, I ain't exaggerating.  They love the stuff and so do I!

What you'll need:


9X13 baking dish, Duncan Hines: Butter Golden cake mix, a small bag of chopped walnuts, one stick of butter, one large cherry pie filling, and one large can of crushed pineapple.

Here's how the cake gets its name, you just start dumping in the ingredients...

Dump the pie filling and crushed pineapple right into the dish. No need to dirty up another bowl and no draining necessary.

Sprinkle {or dump} the dry cake mix on top of the pie filling/pineapples.  I typically use about 3/4 of the cake mix.

Cut your butter into pads and lay them on top of the cake mix.

Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the butter.  Of course the nuts are optional, but why leave them out!? They get so crunchy and yummy with that butter goodness baking into every bite!
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
It's so yummy!  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Looks so unhealthy and delicious! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! This is my all time favorite dessert! My mom always made this when we were growing up. It is also one of my favorites to take to gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it the best!!!! So easy, but so good. Is this how your mom made it?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie