5.19.2014

Another year...

...of memories, stories, ups/downs, growing pains, learning, laughter, tears, sorrows, and joys.  
I've never celebrated a birthday without a cake--like ever.  When I married Graham, he carried on the tradition of getting me a cake each year.  Does that mean I'm spoiled?  Don't answer that! This year, my cake was FABULOUS!!!  A Strawberry and Cream Nothing Bundt Cake.  So TASTY!


Story time:
As I said in an earlier post, we went to Six Flags for the weekend.  After a long day in the park, I was tired and ready to go home.  As I was making the long trek to the car, I heard a few distant voices say, "Mam". I didn't think much about it and kept on trucking.  After all, they couldn't be referring to me!  But then I heard it again--louder this time.  I kept walking.  Finally after a third time, I turned around to see four teenage girls smiling at me and holding up a phone.  "Mam, would you please take a picture of us?"  I smiled, but secretly felt that I was beginning to look my age.  Boy, oh boy!

picturesque 

and...reality!

I'm thankful for another year.  The Lord has been gracious to me in a lot of ways this year...as always.  He's continued to instruct me, mold me, and discipline me.  He's definitely been patient with me.  I'm praying that this year would be another defining year for me spiritually--that I'd continue to grow in godliness through Bible intake, prayer, meditation on his Word, scripture memory, worship, service and give all the glory to the One who created me.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."  Matthew 7:7 

**********

What You Wish Wednesday is fast approaching.  Remember, you can link-up anything you wish.  It's a simple link-up party geared to connecting folks and sharing our blogs.  Please join us this Wednesday for our first party.  Check out the hostesses blogs too:  Stasia @ Our Life on a Budget, Melissa @ Simply Sweet Melissa, and Nikki @ Nikki's Nacs.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh, happy, happy birthday Leslie! My goodness, I can hardly remember being 33. :o) But, I know that when I hit 60 two years ago it was a startling realization. I knew that I had lived 2/3 of my life and I want the next 1/3 to count as much or more than the last 2/3's. I'm quite certain the Lord has many more wonderful things in store for you and your sweet family in the years ahead. Hope it is a wonderful year ahead!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat @ MaryMarthaMama.comMay 20, 2014 at 5:36 AM

    Happy Birthday! What a sweet, reflective post! You don't look worthy of being called mam, yet! Maybe they were just trying to be polite ;) Looking forward to Wednesday's link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake on my birthday is must for me too! It seems like I didn't have cake one year, and didn't like it at all. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! I need those gold candles.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie