10.30.2013

I hate the phrase "Me Time"

Although I hate the phrase “me time”, I sure do cherish my time alone.  Most people would classify me as an extrovert, but the truth of the matter is that I’m really recharged by being alone.  Maybe it’s just the stage of life I’m in, but when given a few hours a week by myself, I feel refreshed and ready to take on he world!

Alone time balances me.
Joy infringing on my "me time".  How dare she?

Fortunately for me, Graham has Fridays “off” and I’m able to steal away for a few hours occasionally.  This is my time to go treasure hunting at my favorite antique store, catch up on errands (counts as alone-time), grab lunch with a friend, or just hang out in my room and read.  Don’t get me wrong, I'm not afforded this opportunity weekly and with Joy’s bottle aversion (don’t know what to call it) she’s with me 99.9% of the time. But when I do get a few hours “off”, it’s pure bliss!

**********
 Up next: Closing Thoughts

For more posts in this series, 31 Days of Balance as a Homeschool Mom, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie