9.24.2013

a touch...

It's starting to feel like fall in East Texas.  No...it's not the brisk, cool weather and gorgeous colors of New England, but we'll take what we can get.  At any rate, I've put out a touch...just a touch of fall decor around the house.  I'm still holding out for those pumpkins (of all shapes, colors, and sizes) to start appearing at the local farmer's market.  Then I'll have the finishing elements I've been wanting and I'll call it quits.
 
 

A few weeks ago, I found this little antique table and I sprayed it yellow and stuck it behind my couch.  I'm in love. We need something with color behind our dark leather couch.

I'm liking the plush pumpkins I've been spotting all over blogland.  Mine, although not quite as cute as The Nester's, came from Hobby Lobby.
 
 
 

There ya have it!  I look forward to scoping out y'all's fall decor...and pretending that we really have fall in Texas!

Thrify Decor Chick, It's Overflowing, Be Different...Act Normal, Tater Tots and Jello, Six Sisters Stuff, The Shabby Nest, Craft Dictator, Redoux, Texas Women Bloggers,

14 comments:

  1. LOVE IT, LES!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL AND SO YOU!

    CHERIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie! I can't wait to see your house and all it's glory here in the next few months! You are so talented.

      Delete
  2. Ok, I'm with you. I love the yellow table behind your sofa. Great find. I also love all your Fall decor spread out around your house.
    On a side note I saw where you are part of the Texas Women Bloggers. I live in Birmingham and recently got plugged in with the Alabama Women Bloggers. It's always fun getting to know new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So glad to meet new bloggers. Birmingham? I have lots of family from AL. I just linked up with TX Women Bloggers. It's a fun way to connect. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Your mantel is very pretty! I love the wreath, the bunting and that cute little owl :) Now, that yellow table is simply gorgeous, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your touch of fall! And oh my, I am in love with your wall color and creamy white mantle!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Cherie. I'm loving this fall weather!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for focusing on the non-scarey side of the season. Love the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Leslie! I'm just in love with your fall mantle! Love the color choices - very serene and pretty. Sweet burlap banner and love the white wreath and curly branch with pinecones...well done! Catherine (newest follower of your blogging adventures, and fellow Texas girl!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Looking forward to checking out your blog! :)

      Delete
  7. Love that little table and you picked a perfect color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that table a great find!? I got it for a steal! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie