10.29.2012

Sharing a Room

In a few months, the girls will be joining forces and sharing a room.  I wanted to make some small changes to AG's room to make it good for both girls.  

For starters, I painted an armoire that I have had since I was a little girl.  Boy, has this set of furniture served me well.  The armoire was originally oak.  A few years ago, I stained it a dark espresso.  I did several posts on that transformation HERE and HERE.  Now it's....

...creamsicle?
At first, I was scared of the color, but now that it's finished and in their room, I LOVE it!  What do you think?

It only took about 5 coats!!!

I added some pics of both of the girls on one side of the armoire.

Don't you just love this peddle car?  This was a gift to AG from my dad when she was still in the womb.  They love playing in it--and banging up my walls. :)

A&E--like the cable network!
 

The chore of moving their closet into one was daunting to say the least.  They have SO many clothes--which is a blessing and a curse. *I'll take this opportunity right now to thank all the grandparents and aunts for keeping my girls clothed.  I have bought very few clothes for the girls which has been an incredible blessing!  I am so thankful.

One side of the closet is Edy's and the other side (not pictured and identical) is AG's.

EDY is moving in!

one of my all-time favorite pictures of my sweeties
 
For now, AG is going to stay sleeping on the bottom bunk and Edy is going to sleep on the trundle.  They have been rooming together periodically and LOVE it, but it's hard to get them to go to sleep.  I think we are going to move them in together around Christmas.  By then, we should know if we are having a boy or a girl and I will begin working on the nursery.

Ever share a room?  Do you kids share?  How is it working out?  Tips?  I'd love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. My sister and I (15 mos apart) shared a room well into my 13th and her 12th year. It was okay. Our twin beds were in corners and there was about 4 feet between them. Our dresser was about 4 feet past the end of our beds. But we had a "huge" closet for being little. We got into so much trouble as kids. Powder makes an extremely explosive agent when we were about 3 & 2. Ha ha. Mom was not impressed at all. We had matching stuff forever and it was fun to have her that close.
    I LOVE the orange-ish color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have kids, but my brother and I used to share a room when we were still in elementary. We shared one twin bed and it had been challenging to sleep because he often turns the bed topsy turvey while asleep. Even if we had a huge pillow as divider, he manages to take up most of the space. So, I think renters with kids should separate them in a double decker like the one in the picture or have two separate beds instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the orange - what a fun color - and what a fun room!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you follow back when you have the time!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys just moved in together. We have had a few rough nights of them staying up past MIDNIGHT playing. We do have a monitor in their room so we can hear which one is instigating and dish out the punishment accordingly. :) But for the most part it has gone SO much better than I thought. What works best for us is for the youngest to go to bed an hour before the oldest. We read his books, say prayers, and put him to bed. Then an hour later we read books and say our prayers with big brother in our room and then we sneak in his room (which he loves and thinks it is a game) and he goes to sleep. Five out of the first seven nights it worked great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love that creamsicle!!! We love our boys sharing a room. We think of splitting them up but then we know they'd be right back together again even if we did. I love their close relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie