6.21.2012

eating.my.words.

Y'all ready for this...?????
This is me....EATING MY WORDS.

I swore up and down that I would NEVER...ever... ever... drive a mini-van.  And...here I am...embracing it! :)

For about a year, we have been weighing the options (suv/minivan), checking prices, contemplating, etc.  At the beginning of the week, I found a deal that we just couldn't pass up, so I called to check it out.  Next thing I know, I'm headed down to Livingston, TX to do some negotiating--that I did.  I'm confident that I got a bargain of a deal so I'm okay with saying,  I'm the proud owner of a new-to-me Honda Odyssey!   We have been so extremely pleased with our Accord (knock on wood) so we kept it and traded Graham's car.  #hondasnobs

Also on the list of things I said I would never do:
*home school
*live in the country
*marry a pastor
*be a stay-at-home-mom (long time ago before I had children of my own)
*breastfeed
*read The Hunger Games and Twilight series
*live in a small town again
*let my kids watch The Wiggles or Barney (again, this was said before I had children)
*give my children double names

I'm sure there are many more times I've eaten my words, but that's all I can come up with for now. (Graham will be sure to come up with some more.)




And by the way, the kids LOVE it.   They are still too young to care what their mom drives.

List of things I will never do:
*wear "mom jeans"

6 comments:

  1. You look happy Rockin' the Mom Van. Thats what we always called it. My mom finally got a new car, Hello 12 Acadia Denali goodbye 94 Plymouth Grand Voyager. BUT the greatest part is that my mom was able to donate her VERY low mile mom van to another young couple (23 & 27) and they were so excited to have a family vehicle for their baby. I will be a "never own a mom van" person but Rocked the Mom Van several times.
    Hope you enjoy fully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Your list of things you would never do looks so much like mine! Ha! And I have only been a mom for 4 months and eat my words daily. I hope you guys enjoy the mini van. I can't ever pass up a good deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to love it! I also swore I would never drive a mini-van, yet gave up my Accord for the extra room in the Odyssey. I love driving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both, sister. You and me both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just snorted. Out. Loud. Miss you!!!!!! And even tho you are now a mini mom, I'm still proud to call you friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does yours have the backup camera in the rearview mirror? My mom has one of those vans and she loves the backup camera.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie