2.14.2012

the {true} vow

A few days ago, some friends and I went to see THE VOW.  It was an okay movie, but I was disappointed because I had already read the true story of Kim and Krickett Carpenter and the movie didn't portray it the way I would have liked--that's Hollywood, right?  In fact, in the movie, the couple gets divorced. DIVORCED!!!  What kind of vow is that???? (sorry if I spoiled it for some of you)  Just like Hollywood to make a movie called The Vow where the couple breaks said vow.

The actual story is wonderful--no divorce here.  That story would have been a terrific movie.  It is a story that starts with a commitment to God and then to the vows made before Him to love one another no matter what.  They had a tough go round, but in the end they remained committed.  In fact, Kim had to date Krickett all over again just like he did to win her love in the beginning.  She didn't recall him at all, but Krickett fell in love with her man again for the second time.

SO........if you get a chance, pick up the book:
And that is my two cents.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you posted this! So is the book called The Vow too? I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is also called THE VOW and it is written by Kim and Krickett Carpenter. So good.

      Delete
  2. Hey Leslie... I just found you via the Linky Blog Hop... I too am a Christian and saw "The Vow" this past weekend. Although I have not read the book, I also was a little disappointed in the movie. It had so much potential to be great, but unfortunately fell a little short! I have followed you via Linky Followers, please check out my blog and do the same if you like :)
    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie