10.25.2010

Planning Ahead

Yes, just like I did with AG's first birthday party, I'm planning ahead for Edy's.  I know, I know, we're three months out, but I'm a planner...and that's what planners do! Crazy to some, but perfectly normal to me!

I was looking around for cute January birthday themes and I finally came up with one through a combination of ideas I found online.

Winter ONE-derland!

What do you think?  Sound like a winner?  Too predictable?  Ahh, who cares--it's perfect.

The first birthday is a special day.  More special for the family than anybody else.  Who am I kidding, this is all for ME!  Think about it...there are tons of pictures of that first birthday, the little kiddo gets to taste REAL sweets for the first time, everyone laughs at the mess she makes, family members remark on how much she has grown, etc. The excitement of "firsts" is just fun! That's why I want to plan something special to celebrate Edy Rose's first year of life!

Honestly, for those of you that think I'm nutty, I have only come up with a theme.  Everything else will fall into place a couple of weeks before her actual birthday party.  But, nailing down a theme is an essential part!  Right?

For a walk down memory lane, here are some links to Ava's first birthday:

3 comments:

  1. I absolutly adore it! It will be perfect! I can't wait to see what you do with the invites!

    I saw this and thought you might want to check it out! I went and checked out Etsy to see what they had for a Winter One-derland theme and this is what they came up with!

    http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=winter+onederland+birthday&search_type=handmade&ref=auto

    Some cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you're planning, get out your crystal ball and pick a weekend that won't coincide with our annual January or February blizzard, or what we in the Fort Worth area refer to as "stock show weather." There's nothing worse than North Texas in an ice storm, and snow is almost as bad. Pretty to look at but a disaster to drive in.

    Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie