6.11.2010

Furniture Transformations

When my maternity leave ended, Aunt K.K. came and kept Edy for the remainder of the school year. I was so thankful that Edy did not need to go to a daycare and that she was in wonderful care in the comfort of our own home.
In a few short weeks, Casey is moving into her own apartment and has a ton of great furniture. She asked me if I would help her refinish some pieces to better fit her taste. After all she has done for us, I wanted to help her in any way I could.

While Graham was in Nicaragua, the girls and I headed down to Conway so Casey and I could spend our evenings sanding, staining, and painting furniture.

{before}
The first piece that we refinished was so much fun. I sanded, stained, and polyurethane-d this cart for a whole new look. What do you think?
We did the same thing to this little baker's rack for the same look.
The second night, we did a lot of spray painting. I forgot to take pictures of these items before we started, but believe me--they look completely different.
This mirror looks fabulous in person. We sprayed it black and I sanded up the corners for a great transformation.
We put down plastic drop cloths while painting. This is what our feet looked like at the end of the night! HA!
Above: A picture of what one of the side tables looked like before we stained it.

Above: I wish I had taken a picture of this nightstand before we started staining it. Casey power-sanded it, we added a couple of coats of a dark mahogany stain, and added new hardware. It looks great!
Above: This was an unfinished wood table. A couple of coats of a Cranberry Red paint and Wah-lah! This is going to look great on your patio, Casey.
Above: This is a picture of the queen size bed that will be in Casey's master bedroom. Please excuse the sand particles in the air. I think I took this picture when Casey was power sanding one of the nightstands.
Above: The bed after a couple of coats of stain.
This little wicker shelf ended up being so cute after the many coats of spray paint finally covered all of the brown.
When Graham and I married, his parents gave us this cabinet. When AG moved into her "big girl room" we no longer had the space for it.
On the final night, Casey and I painted it black and I sanded the corners. I LOVE how it turned out.
Casey, I had a great time working on all of the furniture with you. I can't wait to see it all in your new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie