6.10.2010

Sew Much Fun!

Some of the ladies at church get together once a month to work on certain craft projects. I don't get to attend because I am working when they meet. Today, I got to go and I am so glad that I did.

I have always wanted to learn to sew. I've sewn a couple of things in my lifetime, but always with assistance. I want to be able to sit in my home and sew on my own. Thanks to the help of some of our ladies, I not only made a dress for Edy, but I came home and started making some things all on my own!
I look like a natural! The key word in that last sentence--LOOK! Looks are SO deceiving!

This is a simple pillowcase dress I made for Rosie. What do you think?

Like I said, when I made it home, I decided to work on some things all on my own. I've said before that I am a ribbon junkie--I put some of my stash to good use today. For a baby shower I was given some plain burp cloths. I added a little ribbon to them. Wah-lah!


I added some iron-on letters to this one.
And some iron-on flowers to this one. I don't know how well that will work with all the spit-up! Probably should have thought that one through a little better.

My stitch on the first cloth I made! Ha!
I got a lot better by the last one!

3 comments:

  1. Leslie I am so impressed. I can see the improvement. Some things are just worth waiting for. Has it been 4 years since you first told me you wanted to learn to sew? L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Edy's dress!! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is that when I sew my area is completely cluttered with fabric, ribbon, thread, sippy cups, cars, trains, Cokes.... AND when YOU sew the area is completely clean and clear...excpet for you and the machine?

    How is that possible???? I really want to insert here that I hate you...but people might think I'm serious. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie