8.21.2009

First time to Chuck E Cheese

AG's Gran (great-grandmother) sent her some money for her birthday. We took her to Chuck E Cheese for the first time tonight. She had a fantastic time! She loved watching the Chuck E. Cheese Make Believe Band. She danced and rode several kiddie rides. At the end of the night, she turned in her tokens for a sucker! She loves "suckies."

*Silly Childhood story at the end of the post*









Taking AG to Chuck E Cheese reminds me of a story from my childhood:

I think I was 7 or 8 at the time. My family and I lived in a small town in Mississippi. I was on summer vacation and about to leave for my Gran's house in a couple of days. My Gran told me that she and my aunts would take me to Show Biz Pizza (now Chuck E Cheese) when I got to Alabama. I was so excited. The Sunday night before I left, our preacher was preaching a sermon on Christ's return. He said that Jesus could come back at any time. He went on to say that Christ may come back in one hundred years or He could return tonight--no one knows when, but we are to be prepared. I remember sitting in my pew and praying, "Lord, I love You and You can come back any time You want, but please don't come back until after I go to Show Biz Pizza!"

What can I say, I was a kid, right?! And kids love places like Chuck E Cheese!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Your story is so funny. I bet there aren't many kids who grew up in a Christian home that didn't say a pray like that at some point or another! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.....I was TERRIFIED of the big gorilla at Show Biz!!! Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie