8.22.2008

One down...36 to go!

This was my first week back to school. Compared to previous years, this has to be my favorite first week of school to date. I can't believe I am saying that considering my condition...

Monday, I got to school about 6:40 to prepare for my new students. I begin to feel sick, (achy, sore throat, head ache) but I thought it was just my nerves. Throughout the day, I felt worse and worse. I thought...this CAN'T be happening (all you teachers out there know, the first day of school is the MOST important day of the year). I needed to make a good impression, but all I wanted to do was put my head on my desk.

Tuesday, I woke up without a voice...I mean, NO voice. WHAT???? Are you kidding me? How am I supposed to go over procedures and teach with no voice? Well, to answer the questions...you don't, but somehow I managed to get everything I wanted to do accomplished.

Wednesday, a little better, but not great.
Thursday, no change.
Today, a little better.

Somehow, I made it. Plus, I think I made a positive impact on the students, taught my procedures, and even started in on my mini-lessons. My students are SO sweet. For the first time in a couple of years, I feel like they act like true 5th graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie