5.29.2014

Imperfect Home Tour: Joy's Room


I love making my house a home.  If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know this about me--it's my hobby and like any hobby it takes work.  I'm no interior designer--though I aspired to be one early on in college.  That being said, I also took a few courses on the route to becoming a dental hygienist, too.  So, yeah, I'm no more an interior designer than I am a dental hygienist.  Decorating is fun for me; I break many of the "rules" and fake it a lot!  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I love the book UNDECORATE.  Y'all seriously need to get a copy if you don't already own one.  It's so encouraging and has helped me embrace my home--imperfections and all!

All of that to say, I'm going to show you the good, the bad, the not so good, and the not so bad around my home.  Not every room in my house is "done", but frankly, it'll never be done.  It's constantly changing and evolving as our needs/likes/wants change.  

Every gal likes a home tour, right?  Raise your hand if you like MLS listings.  When I visit other blogs, the HOME TOUR tab is typically the first link I click on.   I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff! 

First stop on this tour:  Joy's Room






















Hope you enjoyed looking around my baby's nursery.  This room will be changing quite a bit as Joy grows and develops.

INFO
wall color: Valspar Baby Blush
bedding: Etsy shop
wall decal: Etsy shop
most of the wall items came from antique/thrift stores
TO DO
lower her mattress; she's getting gutsy!
WISH
new flooring
*There are things that I would love to do but are just not in the financial realm at this point.  I decorate on a very tight budget.  That's another thing that makes my hobby fun--hunting for steals and items that can be made beautiful.  New flooring is a wish that won't be possible for some time.  A girl can dream.
**********
I hope y'all enjoyed this first post in my IMPERFECT home tour series.  I'll be back next week to take you on a tour of another room in our ever-changing home!

11 comments:

  1. Oh man I love the big mirror the changing pad is by. I bet that helps with changes. She can admire herself! It's perfectly feminine and pretty. And that little car is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little room! It reminds me a lot of my daughter's nursery. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think this should better be called a "perfect tour" rather than an "imperfect tour." Joy's room couldn't be cuter. I can't wait to see the rest of your home. I love a warm and welcoming home and I'm betting yours has that feeling. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lea. Yes...I am a neat freak and like a tidy home, but because I read a bunch of design/decorating blogs, I don't think I could quite call my home perfect. LOL. We do really enjoy her nursery. It's a perfect fit for our little Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, April! I just love the sweet little girlie touches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She loves that mirror, Courtney! It really does help. Isn't that car neat? My dad got that for my AG when she was a baby...I've passed it down to each girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat @ MaryMarthaMama.comMay 30, 2014 at 8:34 AM

    Her room is so cute! And I LOVE her dresser! It looks huge! Tons of great storage

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Joy's room! Especially that beautiful dresser!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Julie. It's definitely my favorite room right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dresser was my MIL's as a child. It's just perfect. We used it with the middle one too. Great storage and very sleek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many sweet details in this room! I love all the vintage touches :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie