4.29.2014

The Evolution of Our Schoolroom

I've never been one to leave stuff alone!  Like ever!!!  After I "finish" a room Graham asks his age-old question, "How long will it stay this way?"  I can never know for sure how long I'll keep a space one certain way.  If you visit my home, chances are it'll look different from your previous visit.  That's me!  I was the kid who rearranged her bedroom once a month--just ask my parents! It's not that I'm constantly spending money to re-do things, but I move stuff around often, add, take-away, sell stuff, replace stuff...change!  There are a number of reasons why rooms change around here, but mainly it's to better fit our needs.  That's especially true for our office/schoolroom.

First time around:  I painted my childhood desk, painted the walls brown, and added some personal touches. At the time, I thought I really liked it and I probably did.  Now...not so much! :)  These pics make me cringe just a little!

Take two: I repainted the walls to lighten the space up, added the girls' desks, purchased some shelving from IKEA, and prepared the room for our homeschooling adventure.

Take three: I added my Instagram photos to the "H" and a few more school items.

And presently... 
I rearranged the room by moving the desk and shelving.

We purchased another bookshelf from IKEA.


I moved our filing cabinet from the closet to the office.  Man, I sure wish it was tan and not black! That's sure to change!! :)

It just makes sense that our files are next to my desk.  Before, I would walk across the house to file things away or grab papers that I needed--not user-friendly at all.

I added some IKEA curtains that had stashed in the attic.


 I added one of Mamaw's little frames to my desk.

 I'm still loving my Instagram pics displayed on the "H".

I added more organizational bins!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to organize!!!!!




**********
Like I said earlier, things are ever-changing around here.  Case in point: the entryway is now on it's 210th look!!!  It's morphed too many times to count and now it serves as a workplace for the girls!!  I'll be posting about the "new" table (and make-over) and entryway re-do in the coming weeks.


 Are you a "decorate and leave it alone" person? Or, are you like me? Do you change it up often?  

Be warned:  This room is sure to change again!!  I'll be sure to keep you posted when it does!

7 comments:

  1. Love your H! And, I love all of your rearranging and redecorating. When I redecorate it is a major ordeal, so don't do it that often. We've lived in this house 33 years and I've redecorated it 4-5 times in major fashion. I do add different decorator touches quite frequently though. And, I love, love to organize and keep them organized. I have a boatload of those little white plastic containers that you have your pens in. They are so dandy when it comes to organizing drawers. Bet your girls are going to love learning in that cute room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lea! Isn't organizing so wonderful!?! It makes me feel so much more put together when my house is organized and everything has a place. With all that is going on with a family of 5, having an organized space makes things a little less chaotic. Thanks for stopping by! I love your sweet comments and I love you blog too!!!! You are so witty, funny, honest, and your post are packed full of fun and wisdom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I LOVE your schoolroom! It looks fabulous!!!!! :) I like to change things up often too! Although I don't have much to change around because our house is pretty boring and has minimal decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've lived in this house 33 years and I've redecorated it 4-5 times in major fashion. I do add different decorator touches quite frequently though. And, I love, love to organize and keep them organized. I have a boatload of those little white plastic containers that you have your pens in. http://num.to/4278-3727-6945

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said earlier, things are ever-changing around here. Case in point: the entryway is now on it's 210th look!!! It's morphed too many times to count and now it serves as a workplace for the girls!! I'll be posting about the "new" table (and make-over) and entryway re-do in the coming weeks. http://num.to/4278-3727-6945

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like I said earlier, things are ever-changing around here. Case in point: the entryway is now on it's 210th look!!! It's morphed too maany times to count and now it serves as a workplace for the girls!! I'll be posting about the "new" table (and make-over) and entryway re-do in the coming weeks. http://num.to/4278-3727-6945

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun to change things up!! I've seen pics of some of your changes and they are really nice!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie