2.07.2014

Love them? Hate them?


Recently, we were given a great wingback chair.  The chair has wonderful bones--so comfortable, great shape, and great condition.  I just love it.  One thing, the fabric is a little 90's jewel-toned-ish, but the chair is great. Really it is!

I'm finally starting to figure out my style--sort of.   I don't know if I could write it out exactly, but I know what I like.  With that said, I love the slip-covered look.  I love the cottage-y feel when traditional meets comfort.



So...I measured my chair, looked at a bazillon different types of covers, and placed my order.  The new cover fits nicely for a non-custom slip-cover.  I'm pleased with the look.  Until...

Until someone sits in it!  

Seriously, it's held up great.  It even falls back into place nicely.  But for an OCD-ish, type-A, clean-freak like myself, it's a tad frustrating.  Just a smidge.

I know it can't look perfect.  That's not the look of a slip-cover.  It's not in its nature.

It very rarely has to be re-tucked-which is a huge plus!

And I just love the way it brightens and softens up my living room.

I imagine how great it would look on dark wooden floors.  A girl can dream.


So LOVE beats out hate.  I love my slipcover!

What are your thoughts on slip-covers?  Love them?  Hate them?

**********
Linking up:  It's Overflowing

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the chair! On another note, have you always had the hovering pintrest buttons? I have been trying to figure out how to do those for a while (I am technologically challenged if you couldn't tell:))… How do you do those???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! I know what you mean about the OCD part... but it's minor! I don't have slip covers but I have furniture covers that basicially are blankets to fit the couches... and I hate them! They never stay on. I'm always fixing them and it drives my OCD self insane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm with you! I am a neat freck to the inth degree and guess since I'm 61 years old, I'm likely not going to ever change. I love things tucked, things in their place and my ducks in a row. :o))) Like you, I do love slipcovers and the look they give and I've certainly had my share of them over the years. I do really love your chair and the chevron pillow is "icing on the cake." Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the slip cover and the chair. They are great! I wish I could get slipcovers to look like that. I just don't have any luck. I think you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had one, but it would also annoy me having to re-smooth it out every few days. -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chair looks great! We have an old couch that is great quality, but an old ugly floral fabric. I added a non-custom slipcover to it, and when it is tucked in correctly it looks great!

    Kelly from www.lifeonbirchst.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Where did you get that slipcover? Contact me at nancyjz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie