2.18.2014

Cream Cheese Mints


I have a recipe for y'all!!  Shocker, I know!

Sunday, I hosted a baby shower for a friend.  I wanted a sweet snack to go along with the cake--homemade mints sounded yummy!  Of course, I went straight to Pinterest to find a recipe.  After searching for a while, I finally landed on one that looked quick and easy. Long story short, the recipe wasn't good--vague instructions and limited details.  I've had this happen to me before with pinned recipes.  Bummer!!  You'd think I'd learn my lesson.  After throwing out two batches, I tweaked the recipe and came up with my own that worked!    

Cream Cheese Mints

*These mints take about 5 minutes to prepare, but need to sit for about a day before serving.

Ingredients:
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
optional: 1 drop food coloring 


Directions:
In a large bowl slowly cream the cheese.  Add the peppermint extract and food coloring (if using).  Continue to cream until the cheese is light and fluffy.  Slowly add the powdered sugar.  As you are adding the sugar, make sure that the cream cheese and sugar mix well before adding more--scrape sides as needed.  The mixture will be light and fluffy.  Either spoon the mixture into little balls and place on waxed paper or put it into a plastic sandwich bag or piping bag.  *I used a Ziplock, cut the edge, and piped onto waxed paper.  Sprinkle a little granulated sugar on top of the mints.  Let the mints harden for about 20 minutes and then use a fork to flatten.  Let the mints dry for approx. 8-12 hours and then turn over to let the bottom dry.



After messing up two batches with the faulty recipe, I only had about 12 hours for my mints to dry.  They were good--very tasty, but a tad too soft.  I recommend making these mints at least 24 hours before serving.  Next time, I think I can make them look a little prettier, too!

2 comments:

  1. Those look and sound yummy.......... Maybe you should make some for Saturday??????? Pretty Please???? With a cherry on top????? lol vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. Yummy! Love your blog and love those photos of those precious babies.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie