10.28.2013

Family Fun

 
I guess this post falls under the umbrella of balancing FUN, which seems pretty easy enough, but when life gets busy we often forget to make time for FUN!  Monday-Friday I'm balancing school, chores, menus, routines, and trying to sprinkle some fun in there when I can, but taking time for "family fun" gets put on the back burner.  Thankfully, my husband is really good about coming up with fun things for us to do.  Money or no money, leaving the house or just staying home--he's pretty creative and full of fun ideas!

I love traditions--they're FUN! Since marrying in 2003, we've started some of our own family traditions.  I'm hoping my kids remember them fondly and possibly even pass a few down to their own kids one day.
One tradition we enjoy each Halloween is carving pumpkins.  This year, we let the girls draw faces on their's and Graham gutted and carved them.  I roasted the seeds. *another tradition we love*


Edy's pumpkin
 
 
 
 
AG's pumpkin
 

I'd like to think of us as a "fun family". Wouldn't we all? Just the other day, AG was torn between going to a friend's house or staying home and roasting marshmallows with us.  I'm tickled she loves to be with us--I'm told it won't last forever.  

Making memories--it's what we're in the business of doing these days!

**********
 Up next: Say Goodnight

For more posts in this series, 31 Days of Balance as a Homeschool Mom, click HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the Ultimate Homeschool Blogroll. So cute! Your post is so true, thanks.
    Heather @ everydayforthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this. I look forward to checking out your blog.

      Delete
  3. How sweet. And, girl, you are getting AWESOME with your camera! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie