7.16.2013

two month records


I've said it before and I'll say it again--if I wasn't a teacher by trade I'd be a secretary. I'm a record keeper/data collector/organizer/felt-tip pen lover/etc. Anyway...I've been diligent to keep my girls' baby books and monthly pics up to date because...I love stuff like that!!  So...here's a comparison shot of all my babies at two months old.  What do you think??



Today was Joy's two month appointment and it was time for those blasted shots!  

 {grins and giggles before shot time}
I did well and was able to hold back my tears.
 For a kiddo that is really content and happy, she's been super fussy this afternoon.  #curseyoushots
Here are the stats that I've recorded:
AG at two months and five days: 12lbs 5oz 22 3/4 in. long
Edy at two months and one day:  12lbs 9 oz 22 3/4 in. long
Joy at two months and ten days: 12lbs 12oz and 24in. long

It seems like they all have a similar growth rate.

The little story I'm about to tell may be TMI, but it's funny and I've never been real shy.  Here goes:
I've had a hard time pumping this time around (never had this problem with the other two).  Finally after weeks of trying, I was able to get in a groove of pumping and storing.  I planned to use the stored milk at times when it was inconvenient to nurse.  Guess what?  Joy absolutely positively will not take a bottle.  We've pulled out all the stops (changed bottles, techniques, etc).  Nope, not gonna happen.  Graham had to call me back once when she refused and started gagging and screaming at the top of her lungs.  I nursed her and she was just fine--completely fine.  That little stinker.

So...the jokes on me!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. I'm glad you are a record keeper. It's interesting to compare their stats. She is such a cutie and has as much personality as her big sisters! On nursing, that little girl knows exactly what she wants! Love, Na

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your diligence on keeping stats. I've only got two and I'm horrible at it. As my son grows we keep wondering how he compares to my daughter, but I don't have anything written down except what is on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie