10.21.2012

Pregnancy Update

In the last 'pregnancy post', I played catch up and shared what's been going on since we discovered we were expecting.  This journey has been far from easy.  I've had bouts with spotting for the last four weeks.  There are times when I will go days and days without a trace of spotting, but then it appears out of nowhere with no cramping as a warning sign.  After thinking that the spotting was over, I was confronted with more on Wednesday.  My doctor has been SO good about letting me come in for a quick look at the baby.  On Thursday, I saw baby (turning flips in my uterus!), heart rate was a strong 152, and my doctor (who is usually pretty pessimistic) gave me a lot of much needed reassurance   I left the appointment thankful.  On Friday, I spotted once more.  Since then--none.

Here's the deal.  We have faith that God is going to bring us this baby.  We are thankful that He has given us this life and we are dedicated (even in the hard times)to giving Him all the honor, the glory, and the praise.  Oh...ahem....and just when I struggle with faith, I'm slapped in the face with Hebrews 11.  Thank you, Jesus for your Living Word!

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. Hebrews 11:1-3

Get this: I'm almost certain I have felt the first of the baby flutters.  I'm not too surprised, I felt Miss Edy at 13 weeks.  I guess by the third time around, you know what's gas and what's baby.  Praise the Lord for this little reassurance!

I've shared my story thus far with my blogging friends, so I will keep you posted.  Please continue to lift us up in your prayers. Also, you can always email me, msg me on FB, or comment if you have anything specific you would like me to pray for...I'll surely do it!


1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie