8.15.2012

Cultivating the Canvas

A few weeks ago, I bought a blank canvas at Hobby Lobby and painted it (click HERE to see the painted canvas before the make-over). Thanks for the encouragement, Nester!  I hung it beside my piano, but it just seemed to be lacking something.  I stewed over it for a few weeks and finally came up with a solution.

Here's what I did:
  • bought a ton of scrapbook paper in patterns/styles that I like or things that represent my interest.  i.e. sheet music, mod patterns, typography, natural elements, Christmas sheet music, colors that go well together
  • made a template of a flower petal and cut out a bazillion of them
  • cut out two circles
  • laid the petals around the circles until I liked the pattern
  • Mod Podged (is that a word?) them to the canvas
  • Presto Change-o!
 

  

5 comments:

  1. COOL!!! I've started reading the Nester after you told me about the "Plantie Party" and I saw her canvas posts. Yours is Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that! i love the colors and rustic backing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have 4 canvasses that I covered in a mottled solid color and I have been trying to figure out what to do with them. This looks like the perfect craft to try. Thanks for the inspiration! I am your newest follower. I hope you'll stop by Posed Perfection for a visit and maybe even a follow back. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out FABULOUS! I'm featuring you on Saturday at It's Overflowing. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration piece!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so amazing! I really want to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie