7.01.2012

lighting.

First things first, we closed on our home.  It's finally ours!  Yay!  
*the story...our house in AR sat on the market for 2 years and during that time we have been living in a house here in Texas.  We've loved it so much that we bought it--signed the papers last week*

Since we have been living in a house that wasn't officially "ours" for almost 2 years, I have been reluctant to do much or spend much.  Yes, I've painted most of the rooms and put up new blinds throughout the house, but that's about the extent of it.  Basically, I've just put a little band-aid on things until we can do more.  We have a LONG list on things that we would like do in the yard and house over a LONG period of time.  That's fun and overwhelming to think about.  Our last house was "move-in ready" AKA boring. Ha!

Most of the fixtures in the house will need to be replaced--lots of 90's brass going on.

When we moved in, the dining area had a little, bitty, tiny, thing over the table.  It wasn't doing it for me. Back in November, I was walking through IKEA and stumbled on a fixture that was marked down from $69.99 to $9.99.  Yep.  You read that right!  I love drum shades so I was excited to give it a try...

Over time, I've gotten a little bored with the fixture and decided to spruce it up a bit.  

I glued jute twine around the shade.  I like it.

Like I said earlier, this is probably just a band-aid until I can get something I really love, but for 13 bucks, I have something I can live with for now!

3 comments:

  1. Love this transformation of your light fixture! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! The twine looks really good, nice job! :)
    Happy Day!
    Michelle
    www.daydreambelievers.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie! Love your thoughts on lighting! I wanted to drop by and let you know about my giveaway with Shabby Apple (they have amazing dresses! Stop by and enter!

    http://andmyhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie