6.09.2012

gross.

Since we are homeschooling our girls, I've been preparing the "schoolroom".  Remember the desks I bought?  Well.....check out all of the gum that I had to chisel off of them.  YUCK-O.

Calling all homeschool-ers.  I need pointers.  I've got some ideas and feedback on curriculum/teaching methods, but I would love more input.  Also, I would love to know how you all schedule your day/week?  What websites/blogs are most helpful?  Co-ops?

Not gonna lie....I'm way nervous.  Yes, I'm a certified teacher, but I have never taught a child to read.  I am excited, but there is a twinge of nervousness about the unknown.  Tips, pointers, advice, input....its all wanted and welcome.

4 comments:

  1. I have a whole family of home schoolers- if that is the correct term. My one Aunt I believe belonged to a co-op of sorts. I could double check with her how she did it. They actally put an addition on to their home which houses the school (its so cool!!) and family room. They are older now but take classes in painting, etc. All of their art, etc is displayed in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,

    I spoke to our homeschool group a couple of years ago on the topic of scheduling your day. If you're interested I can send you the handouts and notes.

    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! That would be so helpful, Sandy. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  3. Leslie, I am a friend of Bonnie Wiley's and we homeschool our 4 boys. Let me know if you have any questions (this is our 8th year homeschooling).

    My email is robindfowler@gmail.com and I am Robin Carneal Fowler on fb.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie