3.28.2012

Potty Training {boot camp}

***This is my family blog...my digital  scrapbook of sorts.  Sooooo....this post has lots of words like poopy, peepee, potty, tinkle, panties, etc.  Read it if you want--or not. You've been warned!***

Monday, I started potty training Edy Rose.  Boy, oh boy--has it been a doosey! I've read some articles on potty training and have kinda created my own potty training "boot camp" method.  It worked wonderfully with AG, but I've tried real hard not to compare her experience to Edy's--that's a tough thing to do. 

DAY 1:  NO SUCCESS....none, nothing, nada.  I felt so defeated.

I let her run around naked all day (panties and/or pull-ups can be confusing).  She literally held in her pee and poop most of the day.  She had a small accident outside (yes, she was completely naked except for her flip-flops! #countrylife) At one point, I demonstrated peepeeing on the potty.  Edy's response, "YAY! good job, Mommy!  You're potty-trained!"

At nap time and bedtime, she let it all out and soaked her pull-up.

DAY 2:  Same story for most of the day.  After nap, I decided to pump her FULL of fluids.  At 5:10 PM, Graham called me (I was at Bible Study) to tell me we had pee!  I was so excited even though my sweet husband took all of the credit for her success!  He called me about 30 minutes later to tell me that she asked to go potty and peepee'd again. And...again!  WOW!!!

Look at my big girl...drinking lots and lots of Sprite.

Day 3:  WHAT A GREAT DAY!  We've officially turned the corner.  Not only has she told me that she needs to peepee, she's also gone poop several times.  She said, "Mama, I poopoo'd BIG TIME!"  And, she wasn't lyin'!

***Y'all can say a big thank-you to yours truly.  I refrained from taking a pic of the BIG poopoos, even though I was tempted.  I'm just so proud of my "big" little girl!***

Here's the potty chart at 9:15 AM.

And, here's the potty chart at 11:00 AM.  Look at all of that success (the pony stickers represent BIG poops)!

And, for those family members that want to take a walk down memory lane, here are the posts documenting AG's potty-training days: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, and more.

Welp, it looks like we will be having a pOtTy PaRtY tomorrow night to celebrate Edy's success!

1 comment:

  1. I love her little grin, she's so proud!
    - kelsey

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie