2.20.2012

{ouch}

Today was a big day around here.  Both girls had their wellness check-up and both girls got shots.  Yes, I'm the crazy momma who scheduled both of my children's shots for the same day.  

**FYI: AG is sort-of a wimpy kid.  Okay, before y'all get all judgmental on me, let me explain... Most four-year-olds are kinda wimpy, right?  I think AG could be more of a trouper--she seems to get her feathers ruffled over the smallest of things.** 

Sooooo, in preparation for the visit, I told her that she was going to get a shot, that it would feel kinda like a pinch (stretch?), and she needed to be brave.  Funny enough, she was looking forward to the appointment.  She was bragging to Graham and me about getting a shot.  At one point, she even jumped up and down exclaiming, "I'm getting a SHOT tomorrow!"  Needless to say, I felt like I had told a big ole fib to my precious four-year old because she has absolutely no recollection of past shots.

During the examination, AG seemed so pumped about getting a shot.  I know the nurse was confused by her enthusiasm.
After the doctor checked the girls, two nurses entered with FIVE shots for AG.  Ummm.....I was WAY off on that one--totally told my kid that she would only get one or two shots.

The nurses asked me to hug AG as they administered the shots.  First shot, nothing!  Second shot, tiny flinch.  Third shot, "Ouch, THAT HURT!" Fourth shot, tears began to fall.  Fifth shot, sobs!  For the record, I teared up a little, too. Maybe I'm the wimp.

Let me say, if I were four, I would be crying after five shots!  I was SO proud of my girl.  I take it back--she's not wimpy at all!!!  She is SO strong and brave! :)

Next up, Ro!  She only got one big shot in the leg.  She did really well, too.

After all of the excitement, we headed to the mall for some Chick-fil-A and a cookie. Then it was off to Walmart for a little treat--My Little Pony (the girls' latest obsession).
How many of you can drive those two-seater carts?  I am terrible--totally almost took out an elderly woman.

Stats for AG:
Weight: 39.9 lbs--69 percentile
Height:  42.5 inches--78 percentile

Stats for Ro:
Weight: 29 lbs--75 percentile
Height: 35.5 inches--87 percentile

5 comments:

  1. You have two pretty little girls!!!! I am from Camden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I was born there!! My dad was on staff at a Baptist church there--I started kindergarten at Camden-Fairview right before we moved. So neat to find connections in blogland!

      Your girls are precious, too! Love being a mother of two girls--the fun never ends! :)

      Delete
  2. 5 shots! Oh my. I couldn't imagine. But she is lucky you are her mom to be able to be there with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness~ 5 Shots! My 10 1/2 month old has only ever gotten 3 shots at once...and Im tearing up...lets see...before they even give them to him :) Maybe im exaggerating, but I still don't like it one bit!! Your girls and You are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on making it out alive...and not killing anyone with the double seater cart. haha Happy to be your newest linky follower.
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie