12.22.2011

Puppy Chow {for humans}

Along with the pound cake in a jar, I made puppy chow and chex mix for some staff members and close friends.  Even though I'm not much into baking, every year I enjoy making a few things for friends and family.

I've been making puppy chow for years, but I have never looked at a recipe. I first had it back in 8th grade Home Economics and fell in love.  I tried to recreate it and I think I've got it down.

Here's my {totally healthy} version of Puppy Chow (hate the name, btw):
Ingredients:
Chocolate Almond Bark
Creamy Peanut Butter
Powdered Sugar
Toasted Rice Cereal
Melt the entire package of almond bark in the microwave and then add peanut butter to taste.  I add about 2 cups of peanut butter.  Heat the peanut butter and chocolate in the microwave until you have a creamy mixture.
In a LARGE bowl, coat the chex with the chocolate peanut butter.
Then pour powdered sugar (it will take close to a whole bag) over the gooey chocolate and coat the chex (it helps if you have a bowl with a lid so you can shake it really well).  After the chex are covered with powdered sugar, put the puppy chow in the fridge to harden.

Once the chocolate is firm, sift off the extra powdered sugar and ENJOY! 

I'm here to tell you, this stuff is so good.  I literally can make myself sick eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie