8.10.2011

Ava and Edy-isms

I have been keeping track of all the hilarity that my girls have come up with over the last couple of weeks.  Here's what I've logged:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ava Grace loves milk and juice.  Her favorite treat is a big ole cup of cold liquid...just not water.  Since she was a toddler we have been giving her half juice and half water in her sippy cup.  We've never offered it any other way, but we've never made a big deal about it either.  The other day, this is what she requested:

AG to Graham:  Dad, can I have some juicy water!

We cracked up when hearing that--it sounds so gross.  Poor kid, she's not so easily fooled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AG's dinner prayer:

Dear Lord, 
Thank  you for our food.  Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Edy, and Ava Grace.  Thanks for Pops, Na, Gaga, and Tat.  I pray that they come to know you at a young age and live for you all of their days.  I love you, Lord.  Thank you for loving me.  Amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edy has a new favorite song, "Where is Thumpkin?".  I have tried and tried to get her on camera singing it because it is so stinkin' cute.  I'll keep trying to capture it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day, I got pulled over for going just a teeny bit over the speed limit.  When the officer got to my car, he was greeted by my sweet Ava Grace.

AG to officer:  Hi, my name is Ava Grace.  What's your name?
(The officer tells her his name.)
AG to me:  Mommy, you were going too fast and this is going to cost you a lot of money.

Thankfully, I was given a warning.  I think that was partly thanks to my bubbly little girl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day, I caught myself saying this to AG:

Ava Grace, if you don't obey then you will lose your toboggans for a week.

That's something I never thought I would say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday morning, I went to get Edy out of bed.  She greeted me with, "Hey Baby".
I love that little stinker!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, I gave AG a hug and said, "I love you, Sweetheart."  She replied, "That was such a sweet thing to say, Mommy."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to show how different my girls' plates were at dinner last night.
 AG's plate
 She was dipping her spaghetti noodles in ranch dressing.
 Edy's plate
My girls have completely different eating habits!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's about all I can recall for now.  For more Ava and Edy-isms, click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these! I miss Ava (and you and Graham) so much!
    But Ava and Edy are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie