7.03.2011

Texas Caviar

A couple of months ago, I was at a baby shower and tasted something in-cred-i-ble.  When I asked what it was, someone replied, "Girl, that's Texas Caviar!!"  After going on and on about it, a lady from church took the hint brought me some.  She had it all dolled up in a mason jar wrapped in red and white gingham ribbon.  So cute (special touches go a long way with me).  Plus, she included the recipe.

If you are a dipper (you know what I mean) like me, you should try it.

Texas Caviar
ingredients:
2  medium tomatoes--chopped
1 can of Rotel 
2 cans of black-eye peas--drained
1/2 cup cilantro (LOVE)
1/2 jar of sliced green olives
1 jalapeno--chopped or 1/2 jar sliced jalapeno (I LIKE IT HOT!)
8 oz. Zesty Italian dressing
salt and pepper to taste
(It calls for onion, but I didn't put it in mine.)
directions:
Combine all of the ingredients
Mix well
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving
Serve with tortilla chips
Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Football season is here and can't go wrong with this recipe at our home. :) (I love that it has veggies in it and my kids have not a clue.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football season is here and can't go wrong with this recipe at our home. :) (I love that it has veggies in it and my kids have not a clue.)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie