12.13.2009

34 weeks and Counting


The countdown begins...

I am getting slightly nervous...there is so much to do before little Edy arrives. Yes, I have her nursery all ready and her clothes washed, but I didn't realize how stressful a January baby could be. I have written 9 weeks of lesson plans, although I am only planning to take 6 weeks off. I have planned for all the weeks leading up to ER's arrival and one week in March after I return back to school. I still have my weekly newsletters and some copies yet to finish. It doesn't help that our school is in year six of school improvement and that we are "under the microscope." I'm only required to write 2 weeks of maternity plans, but with state testing just a few weeks after my return, I can't give over that responsibility to a long-term substitute. It is a long story and probably boring to most, so...I won't get into it. "Don't get me started, right?"

Also, we have Christmas, taking down Christmas decor, and my sister's wedding all happening before our second daughter's arrival. I have told MANY people that Edy has to cook until January 10th. That way, I will be safely back in Fort Smith and better prepared to be a mother of two. I know I don't have a say in the matter, but I'm trying to take it easy, if possible, and remain optimistic!

Anyway, I'm 34 weeks...19 lbs heavier...and REALLY down in the back. I'm gonna make it, though. I'm still hanging in there and getting ready to meet my new little girl.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, Leslie- you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there girl!! It will all come together and be a perfecr and wonderful story to tell one day! Happy last 6 or so weeks!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie