3.09.2009

Two down and one to go...


Before pic:

Over the past couple of weekends, I have been refinishing some furniture in our guest room. Remember the story...I got this furniture when I was 12 and it needed an update.
Eventually, Miss Ava Grace will be moving into this room and we will make her room the guest bedroom. This will be her new furniture.
Here is a picture of the desk, again.

After working on the desk last weekend, I began to set up the drawers and the door of the armoire in the garage to stain. I sanded and put one coat of stain on them before going to a shower at church. On the way home from the shower, I got the most miserable headache. It could have been from all the staining. I totally forgot that all the drawers and the door to the armoire where in the garage. I pulled into the garage and ran right over them.  The stain was still tacky in places and the drawers dominoed on top of one another. I put tire marks all over the door. Long story short, I had to sand places and restain--no fun!. It was a mess. It is finished now and I am SO glad. It's not perfect, but it will do.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks gorgeous to me! I think you've done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. leslie it looks so good...okay so before december im gonna need you to come to conway and help me stain and refinish mom and dads old kitchen table!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie