10.28.2011

{easy} Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


For years, I have tried to roast our pumpkin seeds only to be disappointed.  This year, I was determined to have well-seasoned, CRISP, gOLdeN, tasty seeds. For the record, I SUCCEEDED.

I'm writing this down for next year!

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

ingredients:
2 cups of pumpkin seeds (thoroughly washed)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 stick of butter
seasoning I use:
season salt (to taste)
garlic salt (to taste)
Cajun seasoning (optional)
dash of pepper
(optional: crushed red pepper)

directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 300
2.  Melt butter in a bowl.
3.  Add pumpkin seeds and seasonings
4. Pour seeds on a cookie sheet
5.  Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown (stir occasionally)
6.  ENJOY!

These seeds are Won-der-FUL!!!!  I feel/smell a tradition coming on!

3 comments:

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie