4.01.2009

Almost Over!

Yesterday, I went to the urologist after school. I was in a lot of pain, and I think that was good because the doctor saw the REAL DEAL.  I think the doctor seeing the pain I was in made him take action. He did another X-ray and said that the stone looked bigger than I had been told originally. He said, "You want me to get it out, today?" I couldn't believe it. He sent me to the hospital to get prepped for surgery. After they removed the stone, they brought it to me to take a look at it. He said that it was A LOT bigger than he thought and that I would have never been able to pass it on my own. I am now at home and in a little bit of pain due to the stint. The nurse said, "About the time you get used to it, we will take it out." They will take it out on Monday and hopefully this experience will be over. Thanks for all of you thoughts and prayers during this very trying time for me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing! I'm so glad it's over! I've been thinking about you everyday, wondering if you had passed that darn thing yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very painful. I have never had kidney stones before and hope I never do! Glad it's over for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavens to Betsy! How big was it? Could you have princess cut and fitted for a ring? I am glad they finally did something about it! I am so sorry you have been dealing with this for 2 1/2 weeks! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie