4.05.2009

1-to-1 computing grant

In January, I wrote a grant to receive 30 laptop computers and a hand-held video camera for my classroom. I am so excited to announce that I was one of the applicants selected. This means that each of my students will be able to use their very own computer each day.
I can't even tell you how much this will impact my lessons and the students' learning! Soon I will write a post all about one-to-one computing and how it impacts the classroom, but for now I'm just going to be pumped that I got the grant! This is so AWESOME!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Being a teacher myself that is a very big deal. Maybe you need to teach me how to write grants so I can get some help for my classroom. Right now I am short 10 calculators. I don't have enough for each student in any of my classes. I'd love to know if the computers help improve your benchmarks scores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Leslie! That is really great! Jeremy has written a few grants for his class and his school...I will have to tell him about this...he will be inspired!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie