12.13.2013

Christmas Home Tour 2013



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
It's time for my 2013 Christmas Home tour!  I am excited to show y'all around my home all decked out and ready for Christmas!

*For the newcomers to Our Joy...His Glory--WELCOME!  I hope you enjoy looking around the blog.

 

  
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 


"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!"  I love all of the fun--the decorations, the home tours, the parties, the giving.  Most importantly, we celebrate a Savior--that's what makes this time of year so wonderful.  In John 1: 1-5, 14 we are told that...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it...The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

John tells us that the Eternal Son of God--the second person of the Trinity equal in person to God the Father left the riches of heaven and came to earth to dwell among us.  

He stepped down into this dark and dead world to bring light and life.  

Jesus is SO much more than a baby in a barn or the son of a carpenter.  He is our Creator King who came to bring us life by giving up his own.

Thank you, Charles Wesley, for these wonderful words...

Come, Thou long expected Jesus
Born to set Thy people free;
From our fears and sins release us,
Let us find our rest in Thee.
Israel’s Strength and Consolation,
Hope of all the earth Thou art;
Dear Desire of every nation,
Joy of every longing heart.

Born Thy people to deliver,
Born a child and yet a King,
Born to reign in us forever,
Now Thy gracious kingdom bring.
By Thine own eternal Spirit
Rule in all our hearts alone;
By Thine all sufficient merit,
Raise us to Thy glorious throne.

**********
For more Christmas fun around our house, check out these posts:

26 comments:

  1. your place looks beautiful!! Gaga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the prettiest your Christmas Decorations have ever looked! Beautiful!! Love, Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been my favorite year so far. Love you.

      Delete
  3. SO beautiful. Love yall's stockings. And the hymn and candle on the piano. Sweet, subtle, Christ-centered details all around! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elise! I absolutely love that old hymn.

      Delete
  4. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, LESLIE!! EVERYTHING IS JUST GORGEOUS! Love, Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you have updated the "Chalkboard Mirror"- Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your home! I would love to know where you got those stockings? I am in love with them! Also your chalkboard has inspired me to make one with a big oval frame I recently found at a thrift store! Thank you! New follower to your blog too now! Stopped by from the KK link up. Merry Christmas!

    http://cheathamblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-house-tour.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, April! I just stopped by your blog. Love it! I got those stockings from Pottery Barn about 6 years ago and then purchased a few more off of ebay a couple of years later.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Leslie, thanks so much for stopping by. What a joy to meet other Christian bloggers. Your home is beautifully decorated and I love the wrapping on your packages. May your Christmas be filled with His glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lea. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  8. Your house looks beautiful- That hymn is one of my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catie, isn't that hymn powerful? I love it too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Your house is stunning!! I love EVERYTHING! Love the trees and the chalkboard. And I love the idea to put burlap ribbon through that Southern Living plate. Now I'm going to have to drag mine out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelly. I love that you host the home tour every year. It's so much fun! Love your blog!

      Delete
  10. Your home is gorgeous, Leslie! I think you dining room is my favorite, the plate wall & garland. I love a cozy home at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I have been tweeking that plate wall for some time. :) Have a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Ashly's IN's and OUT's- so sweet :) I love your red and green traditional. Makes me want to change mine…. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is gorgeous!!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for allowing me to stop by, it is absolutely beautiful, your have a great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree is amazingly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, RhondI! I almost hated to take it down!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie