5.17.2011

"Sisters, sisters..."

Y'all know how much I love Irving Berlin's "Sisters, Sisters", right?  I love the lyrics, but I added a few of my own in RED. . .

Sisters, sisters
(At times,) There were never such devoted sisters
Never had to have a chaperone, no sir, (ahem)
I'm here to keep my eye on her (and boss her)
Caring, sharing (uhh...)
Every little thing that we are wearing (we match)
When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome (where?)
She wore the dress, and I stayed home (why?)

All kinds of weather, we stick together (mostly true)
The same in the rain and sun (mostly sun)
 Two different faces (so true), but in tight places
We think and we act as one (so false)
Those who've seen us (adore us)
Know that not a thing could come between us (except Daddy)
Many men have tried to split us up, but no one can (or we scream real loud)

LOVE MY GIRLS...I pray for each of them every day.  AND, I pray for those "misters" who will one day come in and sweep my sweeties off of their feet.  May they love my daughters, but love the Lord even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie