4.27.2010

It's a PAIN!

Well, I'm alive, but after a long couple of days I'm flat exhausted.  Yes, I had yet another visit from the dreaded kidney stone devil.  I went to the emergency room late Sunday afternoon in severe pain.  I have had seven or eight instances with kidney stones in my past, but this was by far the worst.  I can't even describe the unbelievable amount of pain I've had to endure.  I know this all sounds so dramatic, but at one point I remember crawling around on the hospital floor due to the pain. Pain can make you crazy...seriously! After the CT scan confirmed the obvious, the doctor suggested that I stay the night in the hospital and try to pass the stone on my own.  I was in and out of pain throughout much of Sunday night and Monday morning and I never passed the stone.  Last night, I had surgery to remove it. I spent Monday night in the hospital and dealt with nausea--brutal! I'm doing much better today.  Fortunately, I did not need a stint this time and my milk production is starting to increase (such a blessing with a whirlwind of emotions attached). Needless to say, it has been tough, but I've had a lot of help. I'm thankful to the Lord for the people He put in my path these past couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are home and feeling better! I don't know what that pain is like, but I sure tried to empathize with you. Love you-Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! Never endured it, but I've seen people go through it . . . horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your milk doesn't cone back full force, the herbal supplement "More Milk Plus" worked really well for me after a bad couple weeks of stomach virus and severe dehydration. I got the tablets at Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yikes!!! SO GLAD you're doing okay - praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie