12.03.2008

Bye Bye "C"

Ava Grace must officially say "Goodbye" to her pacie, or her "C" as she calls it, in 2 months. According to her doctor, eighteen months is the time to call it quits. Over the next couple of months, we will be weeding it out. She wasn't real attached to it in her younger months of life, but she LOVES it now. All we have to do is say the word and she starts foaming at the mouth like it is a piece of candy. We are going to slowly take it away except for at nap and nighttime. We'll see how it goes! Bye, Bye "C"!
Enjoy it while you can!

4 comments:

  1. Aw. That breaks my heart. Poor baby with no pasci! Will her doctor mind if Cass sends her some? Cause she doesn't mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I heard a great way to get them off of the pacifier is to gradually cut away at the nipple of it...they will lose interest (hopefully) since it doesn't feel the same in their mouth. Just a thought if you needed one! I'm dreading that time...Winnie's definitely a binkie girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laney had such a hard time giving hers up. We finally cut the ends off at her 18 month birthday. She didn't want them after that. It was easier for her to throw them away than me to take them away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pretty adamant (without the doctor saying anything because she told me she could keep it until she was 2) that Rachel not have her paci after 16 months. It was just something I wanted to do. I took it away the day she turned 16 months old. I was worried but it really wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment.

For our joy and His glory,

Leslie